Our response to COVID-19: New Policies/Procedures
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Communication
March 13, 2020
Waynesburg First COTN is staying up to date with the progress of the COVID-19 virus around the world. Currently, there are no known cases in Western Pennsylvania or in the State of West Virginia.
To help provide a safe environment for our congregants, we have taken the following actions:
- We have increased our regular and thorough cleaning routine, focusing on touchpoints like door handles, railings, and light switches.
- We ask that everyone entering the church follow a “no contact” policy. Please do not shake hands, hug, or touch others – smiles and conversations are welcome and encouraged.
- Beginning this weekend, we will not pass the offering plates. There will be donation receptacles located at the entrance/exit to the sanctuary. We also encourage you to consider giving your offering gift online at www.waynesburgnaz.org/give.
- We’re temporarily postponing communion.
- All communal meals for all age groups will be cancelled through remainder of March.
- All snacks and drinks served will be individually wrapped or packaged.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in various locations throughout the foyer and classrooms.
If you’re exhibiting any symptoms of the COVID-19 virus or the general flu (fever, cough, congestion, body aches, sore throat, etc.) we ask that you follow the recommendation of the Center for Disease Control and stay home. There is no need to feel guilty about staying home – if you’re homebound, let us know how we can help!
If you’re sick, audio and video versions of our services will be uploaded on Sunday afternoons to www.waynesburgnaz.org/media. Also, we will begin utilizing Facebook Live to live stream our services beginning March 22nd.
Please join our Leadership as we pray for discernment during this time. As always, we trust God for his protection, and may we remember during these uncertain times that God did not give us a spirit of timidity: thus, we do not let fear overtake us. May we also remember the vulnerable among us as we continue to love God and love others.
As the spread of COVID-19 develops, we will continue to assess the situation and communicate the necessary changes to our plan of action. If you have additional questions, please email Tresa Poling at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/WaynesburgNazChurch.
Rev. John Mark Poling